“Coronavirus is transmitted via larger liquid droplets when a person coughs or sneezes. The virus can enter through these droplets through the eyes, nose or throat if you are in close contact. The virus is not known to be airborne (e.g. transmitted through the particles floating in the air) and it is not something that comes in through the skin. It can be spread by touch if a person has used their hands to cover their mouth or nose when they cough. That’s why we recommend you cough or sneeze into your arm and wash your hands regularly. ”
While we try to keep this page up-to-date, the information may change quickly. Please visit the Australian Government Department of Health for the latest information.
Flu and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Protection at the Needa Massage
There is nothing more important to us than our customer’s safety and well-being. For this reason, we have reviewed our standard disease-control processes and have revisited and enhanced these practices considering the recent Coronavirus concerns.
What steps are Needa Massage taking to prevent the spread of the Flu and COVID-19 to customers?
As standard practice, we are trained to follow personal hygiene habits suggested by The National Health and Medical Research Council’s (NHMRC) Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare, such as:
- wash and dry hands before and after client contact
- dry hands with single-use towels (disposable paper towels)
- use soap dispensers rather than bar soap
- maintain personal hygiene
- clean and disinfect exposed areas of the massage table and bolsters after each client
- use clean, freshly washed linen for each client
- replace all used linen between clients
- use clean, freshly washed towels to cover ice/ hot packs or other objects that are reused and come into direct contact with clients
- provide clean, dry storage for clean linen with an appropriate linen rotation system
- place used linen in a closed container and launder on the day of use.
- wash linen in hot water and detergent
- cover any cuts, sores and abrasions, and change the covering between each client
- keep all areas of the workplace clean and hygienic
- have a management procedure for accidental exposure to blood or body fluids
- use personal protective equipment such as gloves when dealing with used linen, clinical waste (used hand towels and tissues).
- provide and maintain a first aid kit
- be well informed about infectious diseases and maintain awareness of local endemics, such as colds and flus.
In addition, we have implemented heightened cleaning regimens (including the use of disinfectants known to work on similar viruses). We disinfect the clinic space between each patient (including the headrest cushion, massage table top and legs and massage equipment), but also cleaning door handles, light switches, pens, chairs, mobile phones, keyboards and anything else we or our clients touch. Toilet and bathroom are cleaned after every client. We already wash our hands and disinfect all materials used during a service after each service.
What precautions should customers take?
We simply request the cooperation of our entire community in maintaining a safe environment so we urge anyone that has mild cold or flu-like symptoms to follow the advice of health officials and stay home while sick to help protect others.
Why don’t remedial massage therapists use masks during services?
The Australian Government Department of Health does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
Can a customer wear a mask during a service?
We will not restrict a client’s desire to wear a face mask, however, as stated above this is not recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health
Can you be declined service if you are exhibiting symptoms?
If you have mild cold-like symptoms, health officials encourage you to stay home while sick and avoid close contact to help protect others. For the safety of everyone, we are permitted to decline service to any customer exhibiting contagious symptoms and will reschedule your appointment.
We appreciate your concern and cooperation and Needa Massage will continue to monitor the situation and take additional measures if or when they become necessary to ensure the safety of our customers.
Information for Our Patients
- Have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing,
AND any of the following:
- Have you travelled in the past 14 days to:
- Mainland China
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Have been in close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has visited any of the above countries,
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19,
Please cancel your appointment until you have been cleared by a doctor.
Preventing the spread of respiratory viruses
- Hand hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of infections. Remember to wash your hands with soap and water often. DO this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home and into work
- Wash your hands before eating or drinking
- Wash your hands after using the toilet
- Use hand sanitiser (minimum 60% alcohol content) if soap and water is not available
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact (2 metres) with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with your tissue or a sleeve (not your hand) when you cough or sneeze.
On a holistic healing side of things, if you have contracted the virus or a family member has, I can treat people distantly using Pranic Healing.
To learn more about Pranic Healing https://needamassage.net.au/holistic-healing/
For this month only I’m offering Pranic Healing sessions for only $49 each, normally $80
If you have any other concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 0419 933 897